We believe in living our lives passionately for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. These are at the core of all that we do.
Loving God is discovering the Father, the Son, and the holy spirit and accepting and returning love freely.
Our love is developed in the following ways:
- Begin a relationship with God by attending services.
- Accept the gift of salvation — Acknowledge to Jesus Christ that He is the son of God, He died on the cross for your sins; and ask Him to enter your life and enter into God's family with eternal life in Heaven.
- Baptism - A public celebration of your acceptance of the gift of Jesus and the symbolic washing away of the sins by water.
- Growth Track - As a united community we are committed to one another, to our church leadership and our walk with God.
Loving Others means responding to all people in love. It can manifest itself in our relationships with our family, our co-workers and our friends.
At COTC, we love others by:
- Continuing to grow in the love and knowledge of God.
- Meeting with one another and encouraging each other in small groups.
- Valuing relationships above everything else.
Serve the World
Serving the World is extending the love of God to others through service.
As an ongoing part of our life and journey with God we:
- Continue to grow in love and knowledge of God.
- Continue to respond to all people in love.
- Find a ministry to serve in.
- Serve our community.
- Serve God’s world.
- Give generously of gifts and resources to share the love of God with others.
The Bible is God's written revelation to man and is verbally inspired, authoritative, and without error in the original manuscripts. God has called us to obey and teach its truths and commands.
II Timothy 3:16
There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is the Creator and Sustainer of all things. He alone is worthy of our worship and obedience.
Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22; Colossians 1:16-17
The deity of Jesus Christ is evidenced in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, sacrificial death on the cross, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven and present ministry of intercession for us. We eagerly wait for His bodily return to earth to reign in power and glory. Our faith is in Him alone as our Redeemer and we submit to Him as the Lord of our lives.
I Corinthians 15:4; Acts 1:11
The Holy Spirit performs the miracle of the new birth in unbelievers as they repent and trust Christ. He also indwells all believers, enabling them to live a godly life. The baptism or filling of the Holy Spirit is available for all believers today. We are to minister God's love and life-changing power to others through His supernatural power and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
John 3:5-6; Romans 8:2, 13; Acts 2:4, 39
Man was created in the image of God, to be in constant fellowship with Him and to enjoy His presence. We place great value on every person and recognize the gift of life is completed in knowing Christ.
Genesis 1:26-28; Romans 5:12; 6:23
The Church is the Body of Christ presently on the earth. It is made up of all those who are trusting Christ as Lord and Savior. The church in each locality is the visible expression of God's Kingdom, to reach out to those who do not know God, and to build up and equip believers. As followers of Christ, we are to show His acceptance, mercy and grace to hurting and broken people who need to experience His love.
Matthew 5:13-16, 28:18-20; Acts 1:8